Once upon a time…
- Oisin stumbles upon the fairy ring of Tuatha De Danann, whilst seeking fire wood.
- He notices ‘The Tree of Youth’ (Crann na nOg)
- Lurking in the woods, Niamh watches the intruder from afar, questioning his motives (inspiration from 2015’s Maleficent)
- Oisin takes a golden apple from the tree, the tree withers
- Niamh walks towards Oisin, looks unpleased
- She holds out her hand, Oisin questions in but decides to take it
- They walk off together into Tir na nOg. (is this inside a tree? behind a bolder? deep in the woods? a gate?
- Time Lapse- time passes by weather changing,
- Oisin returns, looking the same as he had done before, no older etc but is panicked.
- We see Niamhs shape/silhouette in the background. Sinister.
- Oisin notices the changes and that time has passed, but still spots the tree still standing
- As he walks towards it, Niamh can be seen approaching in the background
- He takes another golden apple, and the tree in revitalised, looking fresh and young
- Oisin realises he has made a mistake, and sadly meets him demise (not decided how yet)
- Niamh smirks, and returns to Tir na nOg