1. ST PATRICKS LEGACY| A STOP MOTION SHORT FILM
Have children create short pieces of stop motion animation based on St Patrick within a 6 hour session.
· Teach children about St Patrick, his time outside of Ireland, In Ireland and most importantly, his legacy.
· Teach children basic stop motion style animation using a light box and cardboard cut outs.
· Teach children how to use software on ipads called ‘iStopmotion’.
· Split children into groups and have them create short films for Pats To The Future.
· Safety scissors
· Stop motion clips/examples
· Storyboards/animatics so kids have rough idea of what we want them to create
- Split children into 2-3 groups
- Give each child a task e.g. cutting out, placing cardboard, taking pictures using iPad with iStopmotion software
- In 30 min intervals switch each childs task, this will help keep them motivated, and make sure everyone gets to have a go at each process.
- We will go around helping the children take the project in the right direction
EVALUATION| PROOF OF SUCCESS
- Children can explain what animation is
- Children can explain what Stop Motion Animation is
- Children can tell the story of St Patrick
- Children can demonstrate they have learnt a new piece of software
- Final pieces of stop motion film
- Childrens use of language (using words like shot, frames, Claymation, stop motion, storyboards etc)