Our final week in a Studio

In our final week with Blacknorth studios, they decided to go another way (stylistically) in the project, so all our previous work was scrapped. We were then shown an example of how the game would now (hopefully) end up looking and began working towards that, as we only had a few days to get the work done, we were working on a much smaller scale.

I ended up modeling a little part of the set were I inserted the original crashed spaceship model and added some rocks, an arch and icicles to fly through. I then UV unwrapped, and textured the file. We decided to go for a much more ‘icy’ look than before. I used a lot more blue tones than just snow to give a much more icy feel, I actually think it looks pretty good given the time period it was done in.

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 22.27.52

Once happy with that I baked in ambient occlusion and applied It to my texture, I also made a normal map of my texture to give a nice ‘bumpiness’ to the texture. I then added in lights and we stuck to the blue/yellow highlights and shadow idea as we had done previously as this had proven successful and we felt it looks best, we then baked in light and colour.

11110233_10205935615244784_7717786612536333124_n

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s