Other than the lamp post, i wanted to model something else for our street and decided on a fire hydrant, since its quite an american item and something that would fit with the 1950’s look we are going for.
I used an image off of google to model with
My model isn’t exactly like the image but felt that wasn’t necessary as the viewer will still understand what it is
i then automatic mapped the uv’s, i applied the checkered texture to the model to make sure there was no distortion and then brought the uv map into photoshop to paint.
When brought into photoshop i just applied a block colour of red as there was no reason to add any details to the fire hydrant.
Once applied to the model i added some specular details and this is how the finished fire hydrant looked.