After i modelled my car and street accessories i decided i wanted to model a building for our set as well, i decided to go with a vintage looking 1950’s Barber’s. I decided i wanted to have an interior to the building as well, so began by modelling what i thought was a main part, a barbers chair.
Below is the source image i used to model from..
I began my modelling the base from a flattened sphere with the bottom faces deleted out and filled the hole, i then built up the rest of the stand with a cylinder and extruded from it for finer details.
Here is my finished chair, i didn’t make it just as detailed as the image but it gives the idea of a barbers chair pretty successfully i feel. When i placed the chair into the set i felt they fitted in the scene quite successfully, seeing their reflections in the mirrors i made was really satisfying.
I uv mapped the chair and painted on a texture as you can see below…
I selected the faces of the pieces of the chair wich needed to be a different colour
Below is rendered images of the chair, i think they look really well, my only problem with them is that they take quite a while to render out.