When i began trying to texture the set and models etc i had to first learn how to Uv Map so that i could then paint the UV’s.
UV Mapping was something i found very difficult, i spent a lot of time trying to understand what i was doing and even got some help from our tutor Alec, i finally got my head around it and uv mapped and textured the easter island head that i modelled.
Here is some screen shots from my progress of this learning process.
Here is the model with my painting on it, this is one of the first attempts.
as you can see it has a strange seam up the centre, i worked out this happened due to a filter i added on photoshop which made the painting ever so slightly smaller. I finally worked this out and got it fixed but wasn’t happy with the painting, i found the problem was i was finding it hard to work out where the eyes etc where so i then didn’t know which parts i was painting.
After these struggles i decided to take it upon myself to learn how to use the software, Z-brush…